Hey everyone! 🙂
So, I don’t know about where you live, but here, it’s been so hot! You could fry an egg on the pavement, if the pavement wasn’t completely melted, that is.
I’m a ‘winter person’ – I’d much rather be freezing than a tad hot. And winter has always been my prefered season.
When these insanely high temperatures strike, it’s important that you cool yourself and today, I’m going to share with you a few ways how you could keep your cool during these temperatures. Ready? Leggo. 😉
1) Take a towel of a piece of cloth and dip it in water. Put it in the freezer, leave it for about 30 – 45 minutes and BOOM! There you have it. Orrrr, take a spray bottle and fill that with cold water. Cool yourself with it. 😉
2) Go swimming! Doesn’t matter if it’s a pool or a lake or the ocean, go swimming! If you don’t have the resources for the previous tip or you’re just lazy and don’t want to leave the house, take a bath or a shower. (or just wash your legs with freezing water)
3) Make some refreshments:
1. Fruit smoothies
– fruit of your choice
– honey or brown sugar
– orange juice (for the base)
You just add the ingredients into a blender and blend away! Simple. 😀
2. Fruit Milkshake/Breakfast Smoothie
– fruit of your choice
– vanilla extract (this is something I like to use a lot, as I find I really like the flavour it gives)
– sweeteners of your choice (honey, sugar… whatever you like)
You could stop here and blend it now, but if you’d like a full, breakfast, you could also add:
– oats (or corn flakes)
– nuts (or granola)
… and blend now. 🙂 It’s a great breakfast and, apparently, it’s quite nutritious.
(recipe by: Jamie Oliver. He adds a bit more ingredients, like lime juice, but I usually skip that part. I’ve got to try it, though!)
3. Lemonade… with mint!
This is the ultimate refreshment. And it’s super easy to make!
– 2 lemons
– fresh mint (10 leaves)
– water (preferably cold)
You will just squeeze the lemons and make a normal lemonade and then add the mint leaves. (washed) I usually leave it in the fridge for about 10 – 20 minutes, but that’s not an obligation. You can just add your ice and have a nice, refreshing drink.
And there we go! Those are a few tips I could give you on how to cope with heat.
Do YOU have any tips? Share them in the comments!
Thank you so much for reading and I’ll see you again soon!
* photos from Google/Tumblr, I really didn’t have time and I don’t have quite a ‘Tumblr’-y background 🙂 *